Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Hiking Socks

Ok, with all my issues that I've been getting breakin' in my hiking boots, I've started to take more precautions. After getting all the proper first aid equipment (band-aids, anti-blister, polysporin, sport tape, moleskin, etc ), I ventured down to MEC for some hiking socks. I'm told they can make a big difference, so I tried a variety and tested them beforehand.


Ok, these are the most expensive ones and had me at "anti-blister". Found them to be a bit slippery and not enough padding.


These two were a bargain @ $11 compared to the first pair. The ingenius were thinner compared to the Ultimax, but very well padded in the toes and heel.


In the end, I went 50/50 with the last two kinds. Plan to use the thicker ones at the top and on the way down.

No comments: